Wednesday, March 17, 2010

The Perfect French Omelet








For my very first homework assignment as a culinary student I was to make the perfect french omelet. Unfortunately, I did not have a pan in good enough shape to complete this task so off to buy a pan was my first step.



Making the omelet itself, at home, was a completely experience for me than it was at school. My confidence level was different at home and it made it easier to focus more on the cooking process of the egg rather than flying around other people like a chicken with its head cut off. I think that after this assignment cooking in the lab will not only be easier for me but I will have more confidence in the kitchen.



For breakfast on Sunday I made my parents and younger sister a two egg french omelet with chives, jack cheese and tomato for those who liked it. In class, my omelets could have used cooking on the heat a little longer than they got. However after a throwaway omelet (that my dog loved) my omelets were looking better and better inside and the egg was fully cooked, fluffy and a lovely pale yellow shade.

No comments:

Post a Comment